Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
To learn more about us, please visit us at http://www.pharmacyclics.com/
General Position Summary/Purpose:
Responsible for hands-on LC-MS/MS bioanalysis of small and large molecules from preclinical samples for studies performed internally and at contract laboratories. Responsible for bioanalytical methods qualification.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative LC-MS/MS based bioanalysis to support in vitro and in vivo PK studies of small molecules.
- Conduct sample analysis in various biological matrices including plasma, tumor, feces, urine, bile to support preclinical studies and generate high quality data.
- Adept to automation in sample preparation and data reporting.
- Write and review bioanalytical reports to support DMPK studies.
- Rapidly adjust to changing priorities in a strong collaborative team environment.
- Proficient in use of liquid handling systems such as Tecan, Hamilton.
- Maintain laboratory and freezer inventory, manage instrumentation maintenance.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
Education, Qualifications, and Experience Requirements (degree, certifications, etc.):
- PhD degree with at least 1-3 years or MS degree with at least 5-7 years of experience in small molecule bioanalysis or related area in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Proficient in LC-MS/MS, HPLC-UV and liquid handling systems.
- Knowledgeable in best practices of bioanalytical assessments. Ability to troubleshoot instruments and methods.
- Ability to optimize conditions for quantitation and chromatographic separation of analyte from other detectable components in biological samples.
- Basic knowledge and experience with ADC and other biologics is a plus.
- Strong drive to make impactful contribution towards the success of discovery/early development programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled