Intern – Employee Relations
US – Sunnyvale, CA
February 9, 2018
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
- Performs operational and administrative functions as assigned
- Compiles information from various sources; updates spreadsheets and correspondence
- Provides project support to team as directed
- Other duties as assigned
- Utilizes applicable education, training and experience to complete assignment
- Possess quick and accurate Alpha/numeric data entry skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and Web-enabled applications
- Exhibit excellent work ethic and commitment to job responsibilities
- Must be a self-starter, with ability to work well as part of a team and independent
- Present a positive image that reflects well on the organization
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Microsoft Suite
- Complete at least one year of university studies prior to internship start date
- Be an active student in good standing at an accredited university
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent
Each Intern is expected to prepare a short presentation to their team to share what they have learned through their internship and how they hope their new knowledge will help them secure their future career. Presentations should be 10 – 15 minutes long and should include visual aid (posters or PowerPoint).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled