Sr IT Support Analyst
Finance & Information
US – Sunnyvale, CA
January 11, 2018
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a
wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a
pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells,
and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart
cancer. Pharmacyclics is seeking Sr IT Support Analyst
General Position Summary/Purpose:
This position is responsible for providing technical support via telephone and in-person, performing basic computer repairs or coordinating with external vendors, troubleshooting computer hardware, software and mobile device issues, installing and configuring new hardware and software, and coordinating complex support efforts with the rest of the IT service delivery teams. Primary duties include assessing incidents and requests IT Support for all other IT groups, resolving technical end-user issues and fulfilling requests for supported end-user technologies and services. All activities must be documented and completed while adhering to all SOPs.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Service Desk
- Following established procedures to independently manage, troubleshot and respond to incoming technical support phone calls and email requests for service for internal company staff working locally and remotely.
- Identify and address areas in which end-user experience can be improved through the use of technology.
- Hardware Support
- Install, configure, repair and maintain computers, desktop operating systems, software, and peripherals.
- Troubleshoot network and remote access connectivity issues
- Software and Application Support
- Microsoft Office Suite and Collaboration Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Lync)
- Account Management
- Create and manage user network, application and email accounts
- Asset Management
- Keep up-to-date records on all IT related hardware and maintain the inventory database and related records.
- Ensure license compliance
- Document all requests received, work performed, communications and changes made
- Create, update, and maintain IT related documentation for support staff and users
- Laboratory Support
- Stage and Configure systems that interface to lab equipment while adhering to all SOPs and following all clean-room guidelines
- Collaborate with external resources to support validated systems
Education, Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 8 years supporting end-users via phone and in-person in a midsize corporate computing environment. Experience in biotech, life science or pharma is a plus.
- Experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting and supporting Windows client applications and hardware. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required. Experience with Lenovo is a plus
- Understanding of TCP/IP networks and Ethernet technology as it applies to end user connections. Ability to troubleshoot network connectivity issues for both wired and wireless network connections. Experience supporting remote connection tools and VPN.
- Uses empirical troubleshooting techniques to troubleshoot and identify root causes
- Experience with networking and collaboration technology solutions such as VTC, projectors, network printers, copiers, scanners, and fax machines
- Experience working in a regulated (HIPAA, SOX,GxP) environment
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Must be solutions oriented; and a strong self-starter with initiative and flexibility
- Must be flexible and responsive to the business needs. Some overtime and after-hours work may be required as is participation in a rotating-on call schedule
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Proven ability to effectively and openly communicate with all levels of internal employees, managers and customers. Experience providing support to C-level executive staff a plus
- Exceptional customer service orientation using listening, consulting, problem identification and resolution skills
- Familiarity with ITIL concepts for service management a plus
Education and Certifications
- Minimum AA degree in Information Systems, related field, or equivalent experience
- Microsoft MCP, MCDST, MCSE or MCITP, HDI Support Center Analyst or HDI Desktop Support Technician are a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled