Intern – Accounting
Finance & Administration
US – Sunnyvale, CA
February 9, 2018
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
Value to the Intern
PCYC’s Accounting Intern will be able to learn the process of preparing for an Internal Audit within a publicly held corporation. The Intern’s experience at PCYC will prepare them for a career in Finance and Accounting, and strengthen both their risk assessment and analytical skills.
Value to PCYC
PCYC’s Accounting Intern will:
- Develop prioritized risk assessment via review of internal data, internal policies and procedures, and interviews with PCYC management.
- Develop risk based audit program based on assessment results.
- Design test plans to review business processes and transactions for identified risks.
- Conduct testing using test plans and business data.
- Prepare results of testing, identifying issues and presenting recommendations to remediate any identified issues.
- Complete at least one year of university studies prior to internship start date
- Be an active student in good standing at an accredited university
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent
Each Intern is expected to prepare a short presentation to their team to share what they have learned through their internship and how they hope their new knowledge will help them secure their future career. Presentations should be 10 – 15 minutes long and should include visual aid (posters or PowerPoint).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled